Friday, July 23, 2010

Imitating Christ - #29

But the sad part of it all is that all we say and do is for nothing; for the comfort we receive from others hinders us from receiving the comfort that comes from God.  It is better to watch and pray so that we do not waste time in idleness.  If you have leave to speak and it is expedient, then speak of God and of those things which will edify.

A bad use or neglect of our spiritual progress makes us careless of what we say.  However, devout conversation on spiritual matters is beneficial to the soul, especially when men who are congenial in mind and spirit are drawn together in God.

1 comment:

Denise Morris said...

There are only a few people in my life that I have inner court relationship with, that I will recieve comfort from, I often see then as extensions of Gods comfort. I never thought I could be blocking the Holy Spirit. (Food for Thought) I find that only a few words are required...I like to keep it positive, think on these things...what so ever things are of a good report... :)