Thursday, July 22, 2010

Imitating Christ - #28

Flee as much as possible the company of worldly people.  For discussing worldly matters, no matter how good the intention, is a great obstacle to the spiritual life. If we are not careful, we can be easily deceived and attracted by the vanity of the world.  Often I regret the things I have said and wished that I had not spent so much time in worldly company.

We think that by getting togethere with others we will be a comfort to one another and find relaxation by discussing the things that burden us; but the end result of all this gossip about things we like or dislike only leaves us with a guilty conscience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it was 2008 that I started fasting from idle chat. It has done my life wonders. :)

Pastor Watson said...

such things do not work the work of Christ. that was a good move and many of us should follow your example. Thank you for sharing.