Monday, August 30, 2010

The Sin of Presumption

This coming weekend, I plan to speak on the topic of the Sin of Presumption.   I have heard others teach on the topic - from a FAITH - PRESUMPTION - perspective but I have never seen what has been conveyed to me in my study of the subject from the Holy Spirit's perspective.

"Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins." —Psalm 19:13.

This is an Old Testament, Israel relevant scripture but is still appropriate to us from a spitirual perspective:

"But the soul that sinneth presumptuously shall have no atonement; it shall be out off from the midst of my people." Numbers 15:30

The Amplified Bible reads:
30 But the person who does anything [wrong] willfully and openly, whether he is native-born or a stranger, that one reproaches, reviles, and blasphemes the Lord, and that person shall be cut off from among his people [that the atonement made for them may not include him].

Presumption is almost as dangerous as "Pride" but God seems to hate our presumptious attitude!

No comments: