Thursday, August 5, 2010

Imitating Christ - #38

He who only shuns temptation outwardly and does not pull them out by the roots, will make no progress; for they will soon return to harras him and he will be in a worse state.  It is gradually - with patience and endurance and with God's grace  that you will overome temptations sooner than by your own eforts and anxieties.

When you are tempted seek the advice of a wise counsellor, and do not yourself be harsh with a person who is tempted; rather be happy to console him as you would wish to be consoled.

1 comment:

Denise said...

A heart that is fixed on pleasing God and overcoming temptation with help of the Holy Spirit will live a Victorious Life. The things that I use to stuggle with are areas that I have overcomed or are overcoming because of the Holy Spirit. He will give you POWER in every area of your life. As a child that desires to please its parents so has it been for me... I desire to please the Lord and He has given me the desires of my heart. He will do the same for you He does not play favorites He loves us all the same and wants us to live life with POWER to overcome. Thank you HOLY SPIRIT! :)