Monday, September 14, 2009

The Present Glory

It is a wonderful experience to know that we have a depth of knowledge, wisdom and understanding upon which to draw when we invest ourselves in Christ. On so many occasions I have come to the end of myself in specific areas of difficulty –

The College Experience
While attending college, I had a particular assignment in my math class which was “analytic Geometry and Calculus,” I just didn’t get it! While I was asleep, I had dream and there was an invisible hand doing the problem in the air in front of me. It was the perfect solution to the problem.

On the Job
Once, at Chemical Bank in New York, we were experience inexplicable software problems with our Check and Credit Card operating system. After reviewing several core diagnostic printouts I did not have a good understanding nor solution to the problem. I was awakened early one morning (about 3am) and a very authoritative voice told me how to handle the problem. This was repeated throughout my computer career as I came across various problems.

Every Day Life
I have been faced with issues such as relationship difficulties, electrical appliance challenges and it is indeed amazing how the answer comes even when you are not necessarily pondering the issue. One of our appliances appeared to have died and I was ready to cart it off to the garbage pile or repair shop. As I stood in front of it, I heard in my spirit that it was not dead. The problem was articulated to me and as I followed what I had heard … the equipment came back on.

Then I consider the times that I have had very intimate questions that I dare not share with anyone, as I opened the bible or another text, turned on the television or just in simple conversation the answer comes.

God is a good God and wants to share HIS world [his knowledge, wisdom and understanding] with us.

Invest yourself in Christ today, take time to pray and experience the significance of the “Elisha Glory” for this present season.

From the tribe of Issachar, there were 200 leaders of the tribe with their relatives. All these men understood the signs of the times and knew the best course for Israel to take. 1 Chronicles 12:32



Pastor Winston

No comments: