Monday, September 29, 2008

The New Sense of Intercession

This past weekend has been pretty eventful one. There are challenges of the flesh that seems to be more pronounced attempting to sidetrack the momentum begun here and the catalytic experience in Minneapolis at LWCC recently.

About three or four weeks ago, the Lord had compelled me to go into the Half Way Tree area and intercede. Why? I didn't now except that we were at the time speaking of spiritual gates or seats of authority to the city of Kingston and Jamaica.

I was obedient and drove through the area, prayed as I did, but did not really touch the area again in prayer. This is in spite of having it come to my spirit, I could have in some way while praying in the spirit but my sense is that I had not really done what was needed for the area.

Today, Monday, September 29, 2008 I was a bit annoyed about something that had occurred and to maintain my place of peace I decided to go to a restaurant in the Half Way Tree area (by chance) and while sitting there and reflecting a book I was reading I felt the Word of the Lord come to me.

He reminded me of the command to intercede about the HWT and when he did he brought to mind something that happened about two weeks or so after he had given the instruction. A young girl, 11 years old, was apparently kidnapped and it appears eventually murdered while waiting for a bus in the Bus Center in the heart of HWT.

It is difficult to reflect on these things and not think that somehow this is something that could have been apprehended with the effectual and fervent intercession of God's people. I wonder what would have been had I pursued the sense of prayer for that location.

Today I have resolved that, despite the challenge of time, or my mind working against the leading of the HS with its logic, I will endeavor to press into the prayer call in more fervency.

It does not really matter that we see a result immediately, the "effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." I must PRAY and PRAY effectually and fervently until the gained place of intercession is manifest in my spirit.

Blessings

No comments: