Wednesday, February 26, 2014

GOD UNDERSTANDS?

Over the last few days I've listened to Pastor George Delaney share on the topic "what in the world am I here for?" I really started thinking about the subject and especially in reference to the life of Joseph.

Joseph had a dream which showed him a bit of his destiny but not how he would get there. The Lords plan involved several 'assignments' in his life. Each assignment had its own set of tests and passing was critical to getting to the next level of God's plan.

The Pit, Potiphar's house, the Prison, Paraoah's Palace, the visit of his brothers to obtain grain were all assignments. The tests showed either Godly character and integrity or shows the lack of it. I thought on this for a while and was moved by Joseph's consistent commitment to his Faith and righteousness.

I wonder what we would have done faced with the same conditions? Many of us cut corners, fall shy of integrity and good character and believe that God 'understands.' In Jamaica, ethics seem to depend on 'what is in it for me' or depend on 'who's doing what.' Righteousness depends on personal interpretation of the scripture and not on God's Biblical injunction against unholy and unrighteous conduct.

Our 'purposed' destination in Christ is only achievable when we live each assignment and come out of the testing phase with God's result and not our crafty and carnal device. Lord, take me through each season of assignment and craft each test to bring me forth as pure gold. AMEN

No comments: